Introduction to the classification of basketball
1. According to the use environment
1. Indoor basketball (INDOOR)
3. Indoor and outdoor universal ball (INDOOR/OUTDOOR)
Second, according to different specifications
1. No. 7 basketball: (commonly known as standard ball) The circumference of this ball is about 76CM. All international adult basketball games are required to use this size of basketball.
2. No. 5 basketball: The circumference of this ball is about 69CM. It is usually used as a game ball for teenagers and children.
3. Basketball No. 3: The circumference of this kind of ball is about 55CM. Usually used as a children’s play ball.
3. According to different materials
1. Rubber basketball: The production process is simple, the cost is low, the elasticity is good, the weight is very light, the hand feels hard, it is easy to deform and leak, and it is generally not used for games.
2. PVC synthetic leather basketball: It is artificial plastic. The surface of this ball is composed of eight pieces of PVC leather, which is a medium and low-grade ball.
3. PU synthetic leather ball; the surface is composed of eight pieces of PVC leather, which is a mid-range ball. Its elasticity, feel and wear resistance are better than PVC balls and rubber balls.
4. Natural leather ball; commonly known as “leather basketball”, the surface is composed of eight pieces of natural leather, which is a high-end ball. Its elasticity and feel are better than PU synthetic leather balls, but its wear resistance and water resistance are worse than PU balls. Generally suitable for indoor use.